mmofacts.com

I think you forgot one important thing

posted 13 years, 1 month ago by docjay
If you're talking about costs and costs effectiveness, advertising and marketing costs should definitely be included.

A website can only be successful, if people know about it. And especially in the beginning you need to have someone how is reaching out to the community networks and websites (such as Galaxy-News :-) ). Furthermore obviously GoogleAds or a games advertising website such as GAO can be very useful as well as giving out free test accounts or "spamming" in forums ;-)

Anyway, before I'm creating my own article in here^^ You should consider these costs somewhere. <br />_________________<br />Galaxy-News Project Manager
Feel free to contact me if you need help!
posted 13 years, 1 month ago by bardicknowledge
That's a good point.

When the game is first launched you will likely want to banner ad other sites and spam the crap outta every PBBG/web game forums out there.

Personally I would target my friends in other PBBGs and tell them to spread the word. And having a referral system in game that is easy to use is always a good idea.
posted 13 years, 1 month ago by docjay
Referrals work quite well that's definitely true.
The only kind of referrals I really hate are the "referral browsergames" where you're basically forced to refer more and more people to the website to get coins or whatever in-game currency to keep on playing (as seen in some RedMoon webgames)

Reply to this discussion